About Dental Assisting
The Dental Assistant
As a dental assistant you will be a part of many functions inside a dental office. It is a vital supportive role and we are excited to prepare you.
Here are just a few tasks you may perform in a day in the life of a Dental Assistant:
- Greeting and seating patients
- Taking X-rays
- Executing sanitation and sterilization
- Preparing rooms for procedures
- Assisting dentists and hygienists during various restorative and operative procedures
- Patient education
- Dental Charting
- Taking dental impressions and pouring models
- Fabricating temporary crown/bridge
- Fabricating orthodontic retainers and custom whitening trays
Let's talk salary
It is important to note that salary will vary widely depending on the city, office, specialty or setting you seek employment. Currently, the median salary according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics is $41,180 or about $19.80 per hour. As with any profession, your skills and work experience will also be a factor in salary.
Let's talk industry growth
According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for dental assistants is projected to grow faster than average through 2029. We should note, one of the reasons the founders began D.A.P.A. is their personal frustration in finding well trained, qualified assistants ready for work! Dentists need YOU!
What options will I have as a dental assistant?
As a dental assistant, you will have many options for employment.
The career path of a dental assistant may include:
- Sterilization Technician
- Hygiene Assistant
- Clinical Assistant in various dental specialties including
- General Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Administrative Assistant
- Laboratory Technician
- Sales Representative for Dental Supply Organizations
Do you have more questions?
We'd love to answer them! Use this form to contact our faculty with questions or to schedule a tour of our facility or speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!